As you know, some time back I purchased FreeStyle Libre for my father, who has diabetes. We found this Continuous Glucose Monitoring device extremely useful and convenient to use.
Hence I purchased it for my mother too. So while my mother exercises regularly & eats a healthy nutritious diet, as part of managing diabetes, this innovative Continuous Glucose Monitoring device allows for a quick, prick-free scan and thorough analysis of glucose readings and daily patterns.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) device helps track your glucose levels throughout the day and night. This can become a great way to stay updated on trends eg, whether your glucose levels are going up, down or staying steady.
Features of FreeStyleLibre
The FreeStyle Libre system contains two components:
- FreeStyle Libre sensor:Using the supplied disposable applicator, FreeStyle Libre Sensor can be easily applied and stays on the back of your upper arm for up to 14 days. The sensor automatically measures and continuously stores glucose readings day and night.
- FreeStyle Libre reader:The Reader is a one-time purchase and can be used for life. It is a 3 in 1 device – Continuous Glucose Monitor with Blood Glucose Testing and Blood Ketone Testing. Each scan with the Reader shows the current glucose reading, the last 8 hours of data and a trend arrow indicating if glucose is going up, down or staying steady. The Reader stores 90 days of glucose data, so you can see a complete picture of your glucose levels over 3 months.
How to use FreeStyle Libre
You can get glucose readings with a painless one-second scan of the reader over the sensor. FreeStyle Libre Reader can capture data from within 1cm to 4cm of the Sensor, even through clothing.
My parents learnt how to use it within an hour and now independently monitor their glucose levels and track the trends.
Benefits of using FreeStyle Libre
The FreeStyle Libre system also offers data as readings to generate concise reports that provide a clear analysis of your glucose data. A scan tracks glucose data & stores it for 90 days and shows patterns & trends.
The data accuracy helps immensely with doctor-patient communication. You can easily share the readings and the report with the doctor. My parents have been sharing the analytics with their doctor to discuss their diet plan, exercise routine & review medication.
FreeStyle Libre at a glance:
FreeStyle Libre is a revolutionary product with unmatched benefits:
- One scan is all it takes for
- Current glucose reading
- Last 8 hours of glucose data
- Trend arrow indicates rising, stable or falling glucose levels
- Check historical data
- 90 days of glucose data stored in the reader
- Get a complete picture of glucose levels over 3 months
- Better insights
- Glucose levels are tracked continuously
- Graphs show daily pattern and varying glucose levels
- Indicates high or low glucose events
Freestyle Libre is prick-free, easy, accurate and water resistant.
It is recommend for people with diabetes to use FreeStyle Libre for self-monitoring and keeping their glucose levels in check.
Learn more about Continuous Glucose Monitoring here.
Buy FreeStyle Libre here.
The information mentioned in this document is only suggestive/for patient education and shall not be considered as a substitute for doctor’s advice or recommendations from Abbott. Please consult your doctor for more information
Any photos displayed are for illustrative purposes only. Any person depicted in such photos is a model.